Our staff is committed to providing quality patient care and excellent customer service. Our patient representatives are here to help patients and their families with any problems or concerns they may have about their health care or with services at Mt Pleasant Surgery Center.
Patient to fill out “Simple Admit” per information provided by your Surgeon’s office. If there are any questions in regards to information provided, a R.N. from the Surgery Center may contact you in advance. This phone call is made in an effort to obtain information about your medical/surgical history. Often patients are unavailable to receive this call for various reasons (i.e. work, school, etc.). The nurse from the surgery center will leave a call back number so you can call the nurse back at your earliest convenience. The pre-admission nurse is generally available 8:30 am to 5 pm. Please review the checklist below the day before your surgery and follow the instructions to avoid any delays on the day of surgery.
- Nothing by mouth after midnight the night before surgery. No smoking, water, food, gum, cough drops, breath mints, etc. When you arrive at the surgery center you will have had nothing to eat or drink since midnight of the evening before. If you fail to follow this instruction it is likely your surgery will be cancelled.
- No jewelry allowed in the Operating Room including body piercing(s). Please leave all jewelry at home.
- Wear loose fitting comfortable clothing. What you arrive wearing is what you leave in. Tight clothing is uncomfortable after surgery and you need room in your clothing to fit around newly placed bandages, splints, casts, etc.
- No contacts or glasses in OR. If you need glasses to see for driving, signing consents, etc. it is okay to wear them to the center but please bring a case to put them in. You will be required to remove them prior to surgery.
- Dentures and hearing aids may be worn to the surgery center. You may be required to remove them prior to surgery. Please bring a case to put them in.
- Who have started menses through post menopause for 1 year will need to give a urine sample upon admission to the pre-op area.
- Please park in the Emergency Department parking lot at the North end of the Mid Michigan Health Park-Mt. Pleasant. When you go through the entrance please continue straight down the hallway. You will pass Jazzman’s cafeteria and then we will be located on the right hand side. Mt. Pleasant Surgery Center. Suite 1100.
- Home Medications- Please bring a list of your home medications with the name of the medication, dose, and how often it is taken, or bring in the medication bottles in a zip lock bag, this includes any over the counter medications you also take (i.e. vitamins, minerals, and supplements).
- One or two adult visitors allowed in the Pre-op and Recovery area.
- You must have a legal picture identification card and insurance card to complete the registration process prior to surgery.
- Bring your prescription insurance card. For your convenience, there is a pharmacy in the building that can fill your post-operative prescriptions and deliver to The Surgery Center prior to your discharge.
- SOME medications may be taken the morning of surgery. The pre-admission nurse will explain this to you when she calls.